Royalty Free Music FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions About License
& Uses of Royalty Free Music Tracks
What file formats are the Royalty Free tracks in?
Royalty Free Music tracks are in high quality MP3 files.
All audio files are encoded at 256 kbps joint stereo files (radio
airplay play quality).
Wav files may be available in the future or on request.
Can I get different a track length to what is
already available on your website?
As we are growing from only being a relatively small library, we may
only have one version or track length on listed. If you are after
something specific please feel free to ask us.
Can I use your royalty free music as Music On Hold?
Yes, you can. Normally APRA and most associated collection agencies
around the world will require you to pay an annual fee for using
registered works. The APRA agreement "authorises the Communication of
Works within APRA’s repertoire by the use of radio, CD , tape".
As our tracks are privately published and not
registered with any copyright collection agencies, we grant you the
right to use our music as 'on hold' music or indeed to play in your
workspace, waiting room or the like. Once you purchase our music you buy
the right to use it continually for those uses with no further charge.
General License Applications
When you purchase our Royalty Free music we grant you:
1. Mechanical rights - i.e. we grant you the right to duplicate
and release the music as part of an audio or software CD, film or video,
as a DVD or in the form of digital media, film or tape.
2. Synchronization rights - i.e. we grant you the right to sync
the music to a visual or audio-visual production as a soundtrack
or as background music for your project.
3. Public Performance rights - The right to use the music as part
of the public viewing or broadcast of your production. Multi media and
promotional applications may be via video, DVD, websites, podcasts,
telephone on hold, music in the work place (such as in waiting rooms
etc) or as any similar public broadcast or presentations.
What you can do with our Royalty Free Music:
1. Use our music without restriction for the lifetime of the purchaser,
within different or various works or projects as you see fit.
2. Broadcast the music (as part of your production) over any public or
3. Transfer the music to any medium necessary (video, film, reel to
reel, digital, etc.) to complete your production project.
4. For audio only applications our music tracks may be resold, but only
when combined with an audible voice over.
5. Use the music themes for any visual productions (film, video, etc.)
in their entire length and these productions may be duplicated without
What you cannot do with our Royalty Free Music:
1. Re-record or change the music in any way without the written consent
of the owners. (You may, however, edit the music to fit your needs.)
2. Claim ownership or authorship of the music.
3. Transfer, share or sub-lease this license agreement with any other
4. Sell the music contained herein outright to any other individual or
party. (Although the music can be sold as part of your production.).